Read up on what baby colic is and how to relieve the symptoms on Huggies Singapore.
Could it be colic?
Colic is very common in young babies, though there is no sure reason as to what causes it or why some babies get it and some don’t. It usually affects babies in the first four weeks of life and lasts for about three to four months.
Your baby may have colic if:
• They are healthy, and well, but cry a lot, sometimes continuously
• Whatever you do doesn’t keep them happy for more than a short time
• The crying tends to happen after feeds
• It is likely that your baby has colic if they are crying continuously for at least three hours, at least three times a week.
Reflux can also present like this, so if you have any concerns, please consult your health professional.
Could it be bubbles?
One theory is that the formation of small bubbles of wind in the baby’s stomach causes pain.
Could it be digestive problems?
Some babies’ guts may be more sensitive to the constituents of milk, and babies feel the process of digestion as pain.
Most babies do improve as time goes by, and they cry less and less. In fact, the majority of babies show clear signs of getting better by the age of three months. Sometimes the transformation is very quick – almost overnight.
Relieving the symptoms
• Infant Massage can help to relieve the symptoms, or even prevent the occurrence, of colic. The routine is quite specific and is best learned from a qualified infant massage instructor.
• There are some aromatherapy oils that are also thought to help relieve the discomfort of colic. Your infant massage instructor should be able to help you identify these.
• Many mums and dads often resort to using a sling or front pouch during the period of the evening when their baby is most unsettled. This helps to keep the baby upright and your motion helps to sooth their discomfort.
Do you know that an average baby will need 1057 nappy changes in the first 6 months? Get exclusive promotions and free diaper samples by joining the Huggies Club now! As a member, you can also gain exclusive access to the Huggies Forum and connect with experts to get more personalized pregnancy and parenting advices.
The information published herein is intended and strictly only for informational, educational, purposes and the same shall not be misconstrued as medical advice. If you are worried about your own health, or your child’s well being, seek immediate medical advice. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website. Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries assumes no liability for the interpretation and/or use of the information contained in this article. Further, while due care and caution has been taken to ensure that the content here is free from mistakes or omissions, Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information here, and to the extent permitted by law, Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries do not accept any liability or responsibility for claims, errors or omissions.