12 bedtime stories that will lull your baby to sleep
Send your baby to dreamland with some of our favourite bedtime books.
1.Time For Bed by Mem Fox & Jane Dyer
This is a sweet soothing lullaby with repetitive rhythms and watercolour illustrations about a sheep, cat, snake and fish putting their babies to bed.
2. Kiss Good Night by Amy Hest & Anita Jeram
The tale of what Sam needs before he can go to bed is a heartwarming one with a satisfying ending that your little one will want to hear again, just like Sam.
3. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by Kate Toms
Based loosely on the nursery rhyme, this book has a gorgeous soft-to-touch cover, exquisite hand-stitched illustrations throughout and charming story.
4. The Going-To-Bed Book by Sandra Boynton
This classic bedtime story goes through the rituals of bedtime with a group of silly animals. A joyful tale that’s lots of fun.
5. Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann
Not many words in this riotous romp but it’s beautifully illustrated. You and your baby will be sharing a chuckle over Gorilla’s mischievous antics behind the zookeeper’s back.
6. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown & Clement Hurd
Another modern classic, the quiet poetry and gentle illustrations of this beloved tale have been lulling generations of children to sleep.
7. I’ll See You In The Morning by Mike Jolley & Mique Moriuchi
Reassuring and loving, this dreamy little book is perfect for little ones who fight bedtime because their parents aren’t with them when they go to sleep.
8. A Book Of Sleep by Il Sung Na
Told with soothing text and rich, textured illustrations, the owl’s moonlit journey as he watches his friends settle in for the night is the perfect sleepy story.
9. It’s Time To Sleep, My Love by Nancy Tillman & Eric Metaxas
Eric Metaxa’s comforting lullaby, lovingly brought to life by Nancy Tillman’s whimsical illustrations, weaves a warm tale about babies everywhere preparing for bed.
10. Good Night Ocean (Good Night Our World) by Mark Jasper & Cooper Kelly
There’s no reason a bedtime story can’t also be educational. This delightful story set in the ocean will soothe your baby while fostering an appreciation for the beauty and diversity of the marine world.
11. Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker & Tom Lichtenheld
Truck lovers of all ages won’t be able to get enough of this sweet book about hardworking trucks lying down to rest, told through adorable rhyming text and irresistible artwork.
12. Somewhere So Sleepy by Diane Muldrow & Jui Ishida
Cuddle up with this cozy lift-the-flap book that reveals the comforting bedtime rituals of baby animals as they snuggle up for a good night’s sleep.