You can start using the shower at any time with your baby. It is really trial and error as to whether they will like it or not. Here are a few tips to make your baby showering experience more fun and a little easier.
- Have a dry cloth on hand to wipe their eyes if water gets in them.
- Wearing a t-shirt while holding your baby stops them from becoming too slippery.
- Remember that the floor of the shower will become a little slippery as you use soaps or shower gel, so be careful.
- Encourage singing in the shower, it really does sound different to your toddler.
- Using a wash cloth is more effective than a bar of soap as it is not quite so slippery and it's an easy one handed manoeuvre.
- Massaging your baby with baby lotion after a shower can be an effective way to help sooth and relax your little one and get them ready for bed time.
For more information see Baby bathing or Baby Care.
The information published herein is intended and strictly only for informational, educational, purposes and the same shall not be misconstrued as medical advice. If you are worried about your own health, or your child’s well being, seek immediate medical advice. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website. Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries assumes no liability for the interpretation and/or use of the information contained in this article. Further, while due care and caution has been taken to ensure that the content here is free from mistakes or omissions, Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information here, and to the extent permitted by law, Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries do not accept any liability or responsibility for claims, errors or omissions.
Last Published* April, 2023
*Please note that the published date may not be the same as the date that the content was created and that information above may have changed since.